TruDefender FT from Thermo Scientific
Thermo Scientific TruDefender FT is a rugged, handheld FTIR analyzer designed for rapid, field-based and at-line analysis of materials in a variety of applications. Weighing only 2.9 pounds (1.3 kg), the TruDefender™ FT analyzer combines the proven precision of a benchtop FTIR spectrometer in a compact handheld device.
TruDefender analyzers are designed for use by first responders, hazmat teams, homeland security, military and law enforcement personnel. Key features of these handheld FTIR spectrometers include:
- Designed for use in the hotzone. Lightweight and fully decon-capable analyzers that can be taken directly to an unknown substance in the hotzone.
- Fast, accurate analysis you can act on. Results returned in seconds paired with full safety and treatment information.
- Embedded mobile phone technology. Send results via e-mail or SMS text directly from the hotzone with TruDefender FTi.
- Automatic mixture analysis. Enhances substance identification capability and eliminates the need for subtraction of spectra.
- Easy to use. Intuitive menu-driven user interface for fast training and proficiency.
- Easy maintenance. TruDefender analyzers are self-contained FTIR units that require no scheduled maintenance or calibration, and use no consumables.
- Flexible power source. Power through included rechargeable battery; wall plug; or commonly available SureFireTM disposable batteries.