FirstDefender RMX, Next Generation Raman for Down Range Chemical and Explosives Identification
FirstDefender® RMX is Thermo Scientific’s next generation Raman instrument for rapid, accurate identification of unknown chemicals directly in the field. Designed for flexible use modes, FirstDefender RMX can be used as a handheld instrument with the fixed probe, through an integrated vial mode, or can be mounted to select tactical robots via the integrated RS232 port and an integration kit.
• Fast, accurate identification. Based on Raman spectroscopy, quickly identifies unknown solid and liquid chemicals down range.
•Automatic mixture analysis. Sophisticated chemometric algorithms automatically determine presence of mixed and contaminated chemicals.
• Flexible use modes. Handheld use with fixed probe or vial, or easily connected to a tactical robot through integrated RS232 port for universal control.
• Built for field use. Designed for use down range with a tough form factor, quick decontamination and easy operation in bulky protective gear. MIL-STD 810G and IP67 certified.
• Lightweight, ergonomic design. Weighs 2.0 lbs. (919 g) for easy transportation down range.
• Point-and-shoot™ sampling. Improved operation through sealed translucent containers avoids exposure and maintains evidence. Non-contact analysis requires no consumables and no calibration.
• Vast substance library. Identifies explosives, toxic industrial chemicals (TICs), narcotics, precursors, white powders and more. Library is quickly updated in the field and easily navigated.
• Easy to use and maintain. Menu driven user interface requires minimal training. No scheduled maintenance or calibration.
• Multiple power sources. Powered using included rechargeable battery; wall plug; or SureFire™ disposable batteries
Download PDF : FirstDefender RMX