FirstDefender® RM is relied on around the globe for rapid, accurate identification of unknown chemicals
FirstDefender® RM is relied on around the globe for rapid, accurate identification of unknown chemicals.
Designed to meet the needs of the first responder, FirstDefender RM is a lightweight, rugged instrument which increases responder safety and delivers precise results in seconds.
- Quickly identifies unknown solid and liquid chemicals down range including explosives, toxic industrial chemicals (TICs), chemical warfare agents (CWAs), narcotics, precursors, white powders and more
- Mixture analysis automatically determines presence of mixed and contaminated chemicals
- Weighs 1.8 pounds (800g) for easy transportation down range
- Certified to MIL-STD 810G standards for ruggedness and environmental protection to IP67 standards against dust and water up to one meter
- Point-and-Shoot identification enables analysis directly through sealed glass or plastic containers, avoiding exposure to potentially harmful substances; integrated vial holder offers alternative sampling method
- Menu driven user interface requires minimal training
- No scheduled maintenance or calibration
- Non-destructive testing maintains sample integrity
- Powered using rechargeable battery; wall plug; or commonly available SureFire disposable batteries
- Fully operable over a wide temperature range (-20 C to +40 C)
- Integrated NIOSH and CAMEO database provides detailed hazard data on scene
24/7 technical and reachback support provided for all units